Photograph identified as pupils of Golden Point School, Victoria, circa 1865. However, the clothing of the children suggests a later 19th century date, and the Golden Point State School was opened in 1875. On opening day 920 pupils were enrolled, although it was designed for 500. It provided night classes for young men. In 1993 the merged with Eureka St and Richards St to form Canadian Lead State School, but it re-opened in 2009 as Golden Point Learning and Cultural Environment.

Golden Point is on the south-east side of Ballarat.

Description of Content

Pupils of the Golden Point School in the street outside the school.

More Information