Summary

Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

Early construction at Yallourn - Yallourn 'A' power station. Construction and installation of switchyard, right; foundations of control house, middle left; turbine house roofed and with walls in progress, top left. Construction workshop in foreground and workmen. The tower towards the back is the concrete plant, conveying concrete to the turbine house.

More Information