Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

Interior of engine room at Richmond Power Station showing the 38,000 kW steam turbo-alternator generating set built by Brown Boveri, of Switzerland, installed in 1951. This unit was supplied with from two oil-fired boilers and was used to provide peak load power to supplement base-load coal-fired power stations in the Latrobe Valley. The equipment was decommissioned in 1976, following the completion of the new gas-fired Newport Power Station.

More Information