Summary

Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

Partially erected No.1 Belliss & Morcom high-speed vertical triple-expansion reciprocating steam engine and direct-coupled Brush alternator during installation in the engine room of the Melbourne Electric Supply Company's Power Station in Green Street, Richmond, Victoria.

Physical Description

Sepia toned black & white silver gelatin photographic print.

More Information