Postcard depicting the interior of a doll house belonging to Edythe Ellison Harvie. This image has most likely been taken by her father, Melbourne photographer Robert Harvie.

For a similar postcard sent from Ellison, as she was commonly known, to her Aunt Maggie, see MM 135452.

Robert William Harvie was a professional photographer who, with his business partner Albert Sutcliffe, owned a photography studio named Harvie & Sutcliffe between 1898 and 1908, located in the Cromwell Buildings, 366a Bourke Street, corner of Bourke and Elizabeth Streets, Melbourne.

The Harvie Collection includes examples of Robert Harvie's private and professional photographic practice. A number of the photographs depict the family life of four generations of the Harvie family, including the Lang family.

The Harvie and Lang families had social significance in Melbourne through their active involvement in early Australian vegetarian movements, early moving film, photography and architecture, as well as various other cultural societies and clubs in Melbourne.

Description of Content

Interior of dolls ' house, maid doll bathes baby doll.

Physical Description

Black and white postcard.

More Information