Summary

The Jeffree telescope in the Astrograph House at Melbourne Observatory, circa 1960.

The Jeffree Telescope was built in the 1930s at the Bendigo Railway Workshops, and purchased by the Astronomical Society of Victoria about 1946. Initially in a roll-off shed, it was relocated to the Astrograph House in 1953. The telescope has been used for public demonstrations since the 1940s.

The telescope is a Newtonian reflector, aperture 310 mm.

Description of Content

The Jeffree telescope in the Astrograph House at Melbourne Observatory, circa 1960.

More Information