Description of Content

Eight inch equatorial telescope at Melbourne Observatory. Telescope made by Troughton & Simms, London, and installed at the observatory in 1874. Photograph taken circa 1960, when the telescope was being operated by Astronomical Society of Victoria members for public demonstrations. Person to the right is Ron Cavill, McKay Planetarium lecturer and Astronomical Society of Victoria school demonstrations officer.

More Information