Lithographic printing press - Small Offset
The machine was manufactured by the Addressograph Multigraph Corporation but the date of manufacture is unknown.
Operation was by the automatic feeding of sheets. Printing was by a photoengraved zinc plate, an example of which can be seen on the press and which carries the name of Triangle Press and appears to be a Xmas wrapper utilized by the business.
There are two electric motors in the machine. The first motor drove the machine and the second motor drove the pump, which provided air to the feeder.
Frank Atkinson, the Victorian Government Printer, suggested that this was a first model. Multilith small offset presses became popular after World war Two (1939-1945) as a cheap entry into stationery and forms printing.
Donation from Mr Fred Matlock, 23/05/1991
Machine: Adressograph-Multigraph Corporation/Model 296/No: 243624 Feeder: Model 979, No. 4970, manufactured by Davidson Manufacturing Company, Chicago Electric Motors, 2 x ¼ HP, S/P, Australian General Electric Industries. Serial numbers unable to be ascertained owing to position and dirt. Metal labels: Made by Multigraph Company/Multilith
Type of item
1400 mm (Length), 600 mm (Width), 1250 mm (Height)
Distributor roller dimensions
25 cm (Length), 2.5 cm (Width)
Dimensions of each of five distributors rollers
Inking roller dimensions
25 cm (Length), 5 cm (Width)
Dimensions for each of the two inking rollers