Electrolytic detector. Radio component. Made in Australia by A. W. Carr of Ascot Vale, Victoria in 1927 to a 1908 design.

A thin wire is lowered into the cup containing electrolyte, thus creating a rectifying effect for a radio receiver.

Physical Description

Ebonite base with two terminals with central brass cup. A brass pedestal supports a threaded shaft with a knob at one end and a screw grip on the other holding a very fine piece of wire (0.1 mm diameter).

More Information