Mosaic product sample in mixed colours from the De Marco Brothers circa 1920s. The De Marco Brothers were manufacturers and installation specialists of mosaic, terrazzo, ironite and granolithic flooring. Established by Italian brothers Severino and Annibale De Marco who migrated to Australia in the early 1900s, the De Marco Brothers business operated in Melbourne from circa 1914 - circa 1955. They made contributions to many prominent Melbourne building projects including the Myer Emporium (Myers), the T & G Building and the Hotel Australia.

Physical Description

Rectangular shaped section of patterned mosaic tiles in yellow, black, white and mottled green with pale grey grout. Pattern consists of a single top band of small square tiles in pale orange with a tri-band of small square tiles to the base in pale yellow, white and black. The middle section between tthe bands has a diamond pattern of small square tiles in white and mottled green. Surface scratches are visible on front face.

More Information