Green Terrazzo product sample from the De Marco Brothers circa 1920s. The De Marco Brothers were manufacturers and installation specialists of mosaic, terrazzo, ironite and granolithic flooring. Established by Italian brothers Severino and Annibale De Marco who migrated to Australia in the early 1900s, the De Marco Brothers business operated in Melbourne from circa 1914 - circa 1955. They made contributions to many prominent Melbourne building projects including the Myer Emporium (Myers), the T & G Building and the Hotel Australia.

Physical Description

Square shaped terrazzo sample with green base and coloured aggregate in shades of mottled green with black. Aggregate appears in predominantly large pieces showing various natural patterns and colours. Smaller aggregate is also present. Sample has bevelled edges and surface scratches are visible on front face.

More Information