This large 'cut-away' model of S.23 C Class flying boat G-ADHL ' Canopus' was donated to the Museum by Qantas Empire Airways in 1950. It is believed to be an original promotional model built in the 1930s. It is similar to an example held in the Science Museum, London which was built in 1936. The real 'Canopus' was the first S.23 to be delivered by Short Bros at Rochester, Kent in 1936 for Imperial Airways. It survived the war and was broken up in 1946 in the UK.

More Information