The chassis and engine of this Austin Seven were built by the Austin Motor Company at Longbridge, UK in about 1929. The wood and fabric body is of a non-standard design and the front sheet metal components are believed to come from a later model British vehicle. Such changes are typical for the Austin Seven which was often modified by owners and few surviving examples are exactly the same. This car was owned by Mr J. Marshall of 18 Glenhuntly Road, Elwood in 1933. In 1936 it was sold to Mr Lionel Tate who retained ownership until his death in 1977 after which the Austin was donated to the Museum

More Information