Summary

The Museum's US-built R-1830-SIC3G model Twin Wasp engine (serial no. 130) was fitted to Beaufort bomber A9-287 which served with 32 Squadron RAAF flying anti-submarine patrols off the east coast of Australia in 1943-44. It was then fitted to Beaufort A9-248 in 1945. This aircraft served on operations with Nos 8 and 100 Squadrons RAAF as part of No. 71 Wing in New Guinea. The engine was donated to the Science Museum of Victoria by the RAAF in 1946 with 452.05 running hours. It was subsequently sectioned by Vivian Expositions in Clifton Hill for display purposes.

More Information