The Museum's Scout was built in 1976 and owned since new by Mr John Duigan whose father Reginald and Uncle John R. Duigan built and flew the first Australian-designed aircraft in July 1910. Their machine is also in the Museum Victoria collection. John Duigan lived on Flinders Island in Bass Strait and used this Skycraft Scout for recreational flying as well as aerial inspection of his farming property on the island. He donated the aircraft to the Museum in 1994.

More Information