'Austral' 6 horsepower portable kerosene engine (no. 4946) manufactured by Ronaldson Bros & Tippett in Ballarat circa 1923. This type of engine was used to power a variety of farm equipment such as saw benches and pumps. The Museum acquired this example from Mr Maurie Ohlsen in 1985. It is activated to be used for public demonstrations at Scienceworks.

More Information