Turret clock from the National Model & Training School, East Melbourne. Made by James Murray, Melbourne and London. Consists of movement and clock face.

The National Model & Training School was established on the northeast corner of Spring and Albert Streets, Melbourne in 1854. It became Victoria's first secondary school in 1905, and moved to South Yarra in 1927, renamed Melbourne Boy's High School. The building was demolished in 1933 to make way for the College of Surgeons in 1935.

James Murray & Co was a London clockmaking firm with a Melbourne office from 1861.

Physical Description

Movement in wooden box, clock face on metal stand, weights and box of parts. Weight driven; anchor escapement.

More Information