This early model aeroplane was made in about 1910 by Charles Medew of Ringwood, Victoria. The design was based on published drawings and appears to be based on a Wright design. The propeller was powered by a rubber band. It was donated to the Museum in 1975. Aircraft model making was a popular hobby at this time and demonstrations of flying models were held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

More Information