The Museum's Link Trainer is an AT-T-18 model with the manufacturer's serial no. 1482, received in Australia by RAAF No. 1 Stores Depot via the JVW Corporation in Canada in June 1941. JVW was a sales, service and marketing body first established in the UK but the Canadian branch helped to facilitate deliveries from the United States which was still neutral in mid-1941 but Link Trainers were being built under licence at Gananoque, Canada since 1938. With RAAF serial no. A13-32, the Museum's machine was used at No. 7 Service Flying Training School based at Deniliquin, NSW until the end of the war in 1945. No. 7SFTS operated mostly CAC Wirraway training aircraft. A13-32 was sold in 1948 to a purchaser in Bendigo. The Museum subsequently acquired the Trainer from the Waltham Trading Company, Melbourne in 1951.

More Information