Summary

1:24 scale model of a Hurricane IV with twin 40mm Vickers S cannons was donated to the Museum in 1953 by Hawker Aircraft Ltd. It is believed to be a factory model built for display or promotional purposes and is mounted on a display plinth. The Museum acquired the model as a result of the 'Jubilee of Flight' exhibition at the former Science Museum of Victoria in 1953-54 where it had apparently been displayed.

More Information