Marble sculpture of a sacred cow and a suckling calf. It was accessioned by the National Gallery of Victoria in 1883.

Physical Description

Figure of a cow and a suckling calf on a base. The base and the two animals are carved from a single piece of white alabaster. On the underside of the base is a paper label with hand-written words in black ink, part of the label is lost. Both horns have been lost from the cow.

More Information