Summary

The Museum's engine is an 8-cylinder, 4-litre unit, serial no. 12 which was taken to the US by Richard Casey in 1922. After testing was finished the engine was left with the Speco Division of the Kelsey-Hayes Company in Ohio where it was eventually placed on display in the company showroom. The Museum obtained the engine from Kelsey-Hayes in 1976 and it was flown back to Australia by the RAAF. In recent years it has been loaned to the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Melbourne.

More Information