Set of Italian marble mosaic samples in mixed colours from the De Marco Brothers circa 1920s. The De Marco Brothers were manufacturers and installation specialists of mosaic, terrazzo, ironite and granolithic flooring. Established by Italian brothers Severino and Annibale De Marco who migrated to Australia in the early 1900s, the De Marco Brothers business operated in Melbourne from circa 1914 - circa 1955. They made contributions to many prominent Melbourne building projects including the Myer Emporium (Myers), the T & G Building and the Hotel Australia.

Physical Description

Set of ten small square shaped mosaic tiles in various stone types and colours. Colours, exact shape and surface textures of each piece vary. Originally, set consisted of 18 parts (According to old museum record data).

More Information