Italian white marble fragments from the De Marco Brothers circa 1920s. The De Marco Brothers were manufacturers and installation specialists of mosaic, terrazzo, ironite and granolithic flooring. Established by Italian brothers Severino and Annibale De Marco who migrated to Australia in the early 1900s, the De Marco Brothers business operated in Melbourne from circa 1914 - circa 1955. They made contributions to many prominent Melbourne building projects including the Myer Emporium (Myers), the T & G Building and the Hotel Australia.

Physical Description

Granular pieces of Italian white marble used for making terrazzo. Colour is predominantly white but some ochre flecks or mottled grey colours are also present. Samples consist of both large and small pieces of marble (Sizes No. 1, 2, 3 & 4). Samples contained in a jar with a card label with typed letters, most likely original museum object label.

More Information