Pair of percussion pistols, duelling. Made by William & John Rigby, Dublin, circa 1800. Converted from flintlock to percussion about 1825.

Physical Description

Cal. .500 in. Converted from flintlock. Heavy octagonal damascus twist barrel 225 mm. long. Ramrod pipe under the barrel side hammer with safety bolt. Hair trigger, spur guard with pineapple extension. Mounted blade foresight, u- notch in tang for backsight. Lock mount and plate finely engraved. Wooden stock with steel butt cap, chequered grip and silver crest plate. Wooden ramrod. Length overall 360 mm.

More Information