Framed photograph of William Edwin James Cole, depicted holding a single shot percusion pistol.
Pistol identified in May 2006 as being most likely one of the pair of Durs Egg, London, pistols held at ST 23820.
William Edwin James Cole was an early 20th century Victorian collector in a range of areas, best recognised today for his donation of almost 240 firearms presented to the Museum of Applied Science in 1943. Further items from his collection were presented to the Museum by his daughter following his death.
Description of Content
Portrait of William E.J. Cole holding a percussion pistol,
Photograph measures 150 mm x 175 mm, frame measures 257 mm x 363 mm, dark stained wood, glass cover.
Donation from Miss Doris Cole, 08/1963
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
257 mm (Width), 363 mm (Height)
Photograph measures 150 mm x 175 mm, frame measures 257 mm x 363 mm,