Penicillin G, manufactured by Commonwealth Serum Laboratories, Parkville, in 1953

Physical Description

Small glass bottle with silver metal cap containing white power. Paper label has been attached with sticky tape. Label on front of bottle has been printed, label on rear has been hand written.


In 1944 CSL responded immediately to the penicillin discoveries made by the Australian Dr Howard Florey, and his team, in Oxford. CSL supplied the Australian forces and some Americans serving in the Pacific. Using CSL supplies, Australia was the first country in the world to supply penicillin freely to civilians.

More Information