Alternative Name(s): Safety Hat, Safety Helmet

Plastic cream moulded industrial hard hat. Collected from the Vickers-Ruwolt factory upon its closure in 1986. Ruwolt, a Melbourne-based engineering company specialising in steel and alloy steel castings, had been at the site since 1911. After making a contribution to the war effort during World War II, including manufacturing guns, mortar bombs and armour-piercing shot, it was bought by the UK-based Vickers group in 1948. The Richmond site is now used as the Victoria Gardens shopping centre and for housing.

Physical Description

Plastic cream moulded industrial hard hat with sticker on front - gold crown with two blue feathers. Inside are two grey elastic straps which cross each other. Earmuffs have been removed (registered separately).

More Information