Glove patterns and cutters used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. The heavy cutters date from the 1950s-1960s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Heavy iron glove cutter. The cutter is shaped to form the outline of an elongated thumb, extending downm the ppalm to the wrist, rounded at the top, and squared at the bottom. The top surface of the cutter is squared, and the bottom surface tapers in and is sharpened to a cutting blade. The iron is rusting.

More Information