Single flat tin glove pattern.

Glove patterns and cutters used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. The heavy cutters date from the 1950s-1960s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Flat tin glove pattern for the fingers and palm of single glove, with a hole cut in the bottom left half of the pattern for a thumb piece. The pattern consists of eight fingers and palm section symetrically alligned, which when folded together, form both the front and back of the glove. There is handwritten text on the front in pencil, and handwritten numbering in red crayon on both sides. The right hand side of the pattern is punched with six small round holes.

More Information