Sign inviting applications for a boy, 14-16 years old, to learn a trade at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1950s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Sign, sheet of hardboard or Masonite nailed to frame, painted white all over, with grey edging vertically. Lettering in black. Lengths of wire attached to each corner for displaying. Wire wound around screws partially protruding from frame at back.

More Information