Ice blocks advertising sign, circa 1950s, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Hand painted rectangular cardboard sign. Earth brown in colour. Yellow stripe painted along top and bottom edge. Product information written in red, green and brown paint in cursive. Reverse plain brown card.

More Information