Metal shop advertising sign for Wrigley's chewing gum, circa 1960, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular metal sign. Hole punched in each corner. Text across top of sign, centre image of woman holding tablet of chewing gum. Bottom half surface covered in residue of cardboard and adhesive. Reverse gold-coloured metal with green paint drips falling from top edge.

More Information