Celluloid retail sign for pies, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1966. The sign became obsolete with the introduction of decimal currency in 1966.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Celluloid sign, square in shape, with curved upper cream in colour.

More Information