Summary

Fry's Turkish Delight chocolate bar advertising sign, circa 1970, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular shaped paper board sign, portrait in design. Full colour image of genie on carpet with chocolate bar overhead Silhouette of city scape with night sky in background. Images completed in cartoon style. Reverse, handwritten advertisement or notice for freshly made sandwiches. Two holes have been made along top edge, and a doubled length of string has been threaded through.

More Information