Cardboard shop advertising sign for Streets 'Valentines' ice cream, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular shaped paperboard sign of portrait design. Logo u.l. corner, text along top edge. Main photographic image in colour, depicts box of heart-shaped ice creams and two red roses. Reverse blank, cardboard folding stand adhered to centre.

More Information