Paper board shop advertising sign for Cadbury's chocolate, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular shaped corrugated board sign, portrait design. Very brightly coloured. Ground colour blue, image of chocolate block with two glasses of milk in centre. Text along upper and lower edges. Reverse blank. cartoon style. Reverse, handwritten advertisement or notice for freshly made sandwiches. Two holes have been made along top edge, and a doubled length of string has been threaded through.

More Information