Shop advertising sign for Tarax soft drink, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

Tarax soft drinks were originally made by the Taraxale Brewing Company, an independent Melbourne soft drink bottler; the company was purchased in 1972 by Cadbury Schweppes, which continued to market Tarax as a regional brand.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Rectangular cardboard sign. Printed in full colour and coated on one side. Reverse white coloured card. Handwritten inscription in red ink.

More Information