Summary

Alternative Name(s): Button

Membership Badge for the Blind Institute Royals Cricket Club manufactured by Stokes & Son, circa 1920s-1950s. Blind cricket was invented in Melbourne in 1922. In 1928 a cricket ground and clubhouse was developed at Kooyong, Melbourne.

Physical Description

Membership badge for the Blind Institute Royals Cricket Club. Badge of plated metal has a blue border, with a golden centre showing two crossed cricket bats above a set of wickets. The word "Member" is written in gold lettering on a white background at the base of the badge. The badge has a clip fastener on the back.

More Information