Alternative Name(s): Button

Badge for the Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club, circa 1920s-1960s. Blind cricket was invented in Melbourne in 1922. In 1928 a cricket ground and clubhouse was developed at Kooyong, Melbourne.

Physical Description

Metal stick-pin badge used by the Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club. Red plated metal badge face is bordered in gold, with a central image of two crossed cricket bats in front of a set of wickets and two dots, perhaps representing cricket balls. A pointed metal pin is used to place the badge into an article of clothing.

More Information