Navy blue calf ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Navy blue calf brick shaped bag, with two short handles. Small strap on front with press stud closure. Lid opens with leather hinge along back. Lined with navy blue moire. Mirror glued to inside of lid. Money purse made from double thickness of moire, gilt frame. Small chain attaching purse to bag.

More Information