Silver calf/kid leather ladies' evening handbag, probably made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1950s. Handbag has a label indicating it was retailed by K.O. Geiger, Collins Street, Melbourne.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

.1 Ladies' silver calf (kid) evening bag with blue/white beaded frame and clasp. Tiny chain handle. Lined in black satin. Frame is the "sew-on" type. .2 Separate black satin money purse.

More Information