Navy blue suede ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1951.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Navy blue suede bag with metal frame mostly encased in navy leather. Handle of suede and navy moire lining. Inside lined with navy moire, pocket in lining on either side, one containing mirror with bevelled edges, other small coin purse in navy suede.

More Information