Fuse Wire manufactured by John March & Co.Pty.Ltd, circa 1950 - 1980. It was found in Area C at Adolph Bruhn & Son's Wood Turners Shop, 283 Coventry Street, South Melbourne. The business was established by Adolph Bruhn circa 1893 in Little Collins Street, Melbourne. Upon his death in 1919 it was then operated by Adolph's son Sophus Christopher Bruhn. Upon Sophus's death in 1959 his son Sophus Walter Bruhn took over the business. In 1970 Sophus reduced the scale of the business and relocated to South Melbourne. The business closed upon Sophus's death in January 1990.

Adolph Bruhn migrated to Australia from Germany in 1884, at the age of 29. He arrived in Adelaide where he lived for 10 months before moving to Victoria, where he settled, established his business, married and had five children.

Physical Description

Card of fuse wire. Card has maroon lettering on a white background. Wire is of two strengths - 8amp (lighting) and 15 amp (power) and is wound around the width of the card. The front and back of the card have been used to make handwritten notes.

More Information