Lolly jar for MacRobertson sweets, circa 1960-75, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

.1 Lolly Jar. Tall, clear glass hexagonal-shaped lolly jar. Maker's logo, jar size moulded on one side. Flat base, wide shoulders. .2 Lid. Metal lid with paper liner, brown in colour on inside. Lid screws on to jar. Maker's logo and instructions printed on top, though difficult to read as lid is soiled and corroded. Lid is gold, red, green and black.

More Information