Summary

Glass jar and stopper, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Calrton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Jar and stopper, colourless and transparent glass. Jar has wide, stepped base and narrow, cylindrical body with two raised rings around circumference. Stopper is octagonal in cross-section, with thumb-grip, probably not the original stopper for this bottle.

More Information