Glass jar with lid, originally containing Fletcher's Sweet Mustard Pickle. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1970.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Cylindrical glass jar with metallic screw-on top. Jar is colourless and trans- parent with a band of uneven texture 4 cm. wide around base, and bearing an adhesive label in green, yellow, red and white. Lid is blue and gold, indented in the centre and has a raised border just inside the circumference.

More Information