Vincent's Powders dispaneser rack, circa 1965. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Silver metal dispenser rack, vertical one row holder, soldered to three narrow metal plates at base, centre and top. Each horizontal metal plate has three holes punched in it for attaching rack to wall or other surface. Wrapped around rack near centre is a wide red-coloured metal band with white ink printed type. A cardboard sign has been placed inside the rack, which is L shaped as it appears one vertical length has been cut or torn off. Cardboard sign has expansive text printed on it - yellow, cream, blue, white and red in colour. Vincent's powders logos throughout.

More Information