Sign, 'Girls Wanted to Learn', Simpson's Gloves Factory, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1950s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Large sign, made from one sheet of metal nailed to wooden frame. Corners on back reinforced with metal triangles. Lengths of wire through frame for fixing in place. Front, painted cream with black lettering.

More Information