Made: W. Marples and Sons, circa 1900 - 1940
Used: South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1900 - 1990
Area E3.
Adolph Bruhn's woodturning business opened in Little Collins Street, Melbourne, in 1893. In 1970, Adolph's grandson, Sophus, relocated the business on a reduced scale to 283 Coventry Street, South Melbourne. The shop closed upon Sophus's death in January 1990.

Physical Description

Rectangular block of two pieces of wood, one being screwed on top of the other. There is a hole that runs from top to bottom. Within this hole there is a cutter - a blade held in place by the pieces screwed together. The inside wall of the whole is cut in spirals. There is a turn screw on the bottom.

More Information